News and Announcements
GRIDIRON MEETING TONIGHT 9/8/21
7 PM Medway VFW
Agenda – Sept 8, 2021
• Parent Q & A – opportunity for parents to ask coaches and gridiron questions
• Welcome and Presidents Address
• Financial Update
• Coaches Corner
• Cheer Update
o Media Day Recap
o Parent Social Update
o Fundraising –Medway Stencil
o On-line fundraiser
o Pasta Dinner Updates
o SR Program
o Roster Lanyards
• Planning for SR Night, Thanksgiving Game, End of Year Banquet
Next meeting October 13 at Medway VFW
Happy Labor Day!
We hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend! We are excited for the first real games of the season! Good luck to all our players and cheerleaders!
Here are a couple reminders for the upcoming week.
1) Gridiron meeting 9/8/21 at 7 pm at the Medway VFW
We are going to open the meeting with a Q & A for parents. This is a great opportunity to come and ask specific questions to the coaches and the gridiron. We have allocated the first 15 minutes of the meeting for this. Everyone is welcome to stay for the meeting or leave after the Q &A.
2) Pasta Dinner 9/9/21 at 6 pm Medway High Pavilion (outside)
Thank you again for all your patience and understanding regarding last week’s pasta dinner. Between the phone calls and last minute cancelation it was a crazy week. We were able to supply the players and cheerleaders with pizza and drinks after their practices last Thursday night. It wasn’t what we had planned, but we were thankful we could do something for them. We will be sending another sign up tomorrow evening and we appreciate any donations again. We plan to serve the players and cheerleaders in the cafeteria. They will be masked and distanced while inside and then they can eat picnic style outside at the pavilion.
3) Friday Night Lights VS Medfield 9/10/21 at 6 pm
This is the first night game in over two years! In 2019 the players battled EEE, and no one needs reminding about the shortened 2020 season. We hope to see the stands packed and The Stable in full effect!
4) Adult Social 9/11/21 – Thayer House 7:30 pm
If you haven’t gotten your tickets yet please email Medwaygridiron@gmail.com. We have fantastic raffles and it is shaping up to be a great night.
The yard signs have been ordered. As soon as they are ready I will let everyone know.
Any questions please do not hesitate to reach out!
Adult Social – Saturday, September 11th
Hello Gridiron Families,
As we approach the start of the 2021 season, mark your calendars for our Adult Social. Here are the key details:
- * What:
1. Opportunity to meet and greet the MHS Coaches & socialize w/ other parents
2. Appetizers and drinks will be served.
3. Multiple Raffles items. See below on how you can donate items.
4. Purchase Ticket’s In Advance @ $40 a person or $75 a couple. See below for info on how to purchase tickets in advance.
5. Purchase Tickets at Door @ $45 a person or $85 a couple
- * When: Saturday, September 11, 2021
- * Where: Thayer Homestead, 2B Oak Street, Medway, MA
- * Where can I purchase tickets in advance?
• Request tickets via email email@example.com
• Pay at the event at the pre-sale price
• Venmo payment to @Tracey-Childs-2
- * Can I donate basket raffle items?
• Absolutely, we are looking to collect basket raffle items for the event to raise money for the program.
• If you have items you would like to donate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Additionally, each grade level (football and cheer) will donate a basket raffle for this event. You will be contacted by each team parent for the basket theme and needs.
• FRESHMEN – Kristyn Frauton (Akfrauton@comcast.net)
• SOPHOMORE – Laura Gould (Lauraandjohng@aol.com)
• JUNIOR – Tracey Childs (Traceymchilds@yahoo.com)
• SENIOR – Diane Converse (Dianedalcon@comcast.net)
• CHEER – Rick/Maureen Eddy (Reddy@ipclydon.com)
Any questions please email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you on 9/11 for a great night!
Thanks in advance for your generosity and support!
Welcome to the 2021 Season. My name is Diane Converse and I will be meal coordinator for Pasta Dinners for Football and Cheer athletes this season.
We are excited to once again be hosting pasta dinners every Thursday after practice in the High School cafeteria prior to Friday night games.
Always a highlight of the players, pasta dinner is their opportunity to eat dinner together and round out the week before game day.
Our program is made possible by the generous donations of both cheer and football families. We will need volunteers every week to help set up food stations, serve the football/cheer players, and coaches and clean at the end of the event.
Parents truly enjoy seeing and serving all the players, come join us and see how much these athletes eat!
A weekly sign up (Perfect Potluck) will be sent the Sunday prior for donations of food and supplies needed.
Our first “Kick Off” pasta dinner will be held 9/2/2021 after practice and typically the athletes will be there for 45 minutes to an hour. We will be sending the sign up two weeks in advance for the initial dinner. We estimate the headcount to be serving approximately 80 people per week, and although the food quantity will likely remain the same weekly, the need for paper products is subject to change based on remaining supplies week to week. We have in the past served breakfast, a “cookout” meal, as the players enjoy changing the menu. I am open and happy to hear suggestions from all.
We do bring any remaining food to the Medway Fire Department at the end of the evening, for which they are extremely grateful.
Thank you in advance for your generous donations.
Medway Gridiron Media Day for Football and Cheer
September 2nd, 2021 Medway High School
Football 4:00 – 5:15 PM (all teams)
Cheer – 5:00 – 5:30 PM
Medway GridIron is pleased to have Tim Rice take team and individual portraits for our upcoming seasons. Tim will also be our home game photographer and will be taking action photos of all teams at a few different home games and a cheer competition.
Medway GridIron is offering the opportunity to purchase a couple packages as described below. These packages provide access to Tim’s photo sharing site which will entitle you to download the game photos (2 varsity games including Thanksgiving game, 1 JV game, 1 freshman game, 1 cheer comp.), individual head shots, team photos, senior photos, captain photos, sibling photos and also include the senior banners, throughout the season. Families can access and download the digital files for the prices listed below. You can also order prints through Tim Rice photography for an additional cost or print them on your own. (No hard copy print is included in the package cost.).
Mustang Package $40 – includes digital access to 2 individual head shots (1 serious and 1 smile), team photo, full access to all photos taken on Media Day and at games and cheer comp for cheerleaders.
For the 2021 Season the Medway Gridiron will sponsor the Senior Banners for the players and cheerleaders.
The document 2021_Media_Day_9.2.21.docx was attached to this post.